Welcome

Please verify your
age to enter.


Select your country

x

All prices include VAT and duties

GBR
Chianti
Chianti Classico DOCG Riserva Ducale 2014 Ruffino

Chianti Classico DOCG Riserva Ducale 2014 Ruffino

Special Price £13.30

Regular Price: £17.70

Availability: In stock

-24%
Delivery until Thursday, 27 June
Free delivery when you spend at least £103.00
Otherwise delivery price is £15.30

All prices include VAT and duties

Description

Riserva Ducale: the most famous Chianti in the world

There is no shadow of doubt that the Chianti Classico Riserva Ducale di Ruffino is the most famous in the world: it has been immortalized in many famous films, from "Rocky" to "The Devil wears Prada", to "The Sopranos" just to name some. Its name derives from the selection made for the Duke of Aosta and since then it has been sipped and appreciated by the royals of half the world. Its grapes come from the vineyards of the hills of Gretole, Santedame and Montemasso, areas of the Chianti Classico. The Sangiovese is the master of course, with its 80% and the remaining 20% of Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot. Wine of great prestige and character, it is aged for two years in steel, cement and large casks.

Ruby color with garnet nuances. Nose made of very fine hints of berries, violets and maritime vegetation mixed with deep memories of tobacco and foxy splashes. Full body and measured balance guide the gustative.

Ideal on Florentine steak or with polenta with tordi sauce.

Match with:

Cheese
First Courses
Meat


Specifications

Producer
Ruffino

Country
Italy

Type
Vino Rosso

Grape Variety
Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Sangiovese di Toscana

Classification
Chianti Classico DOCG

Region
Toscana

Area
Tenute Ruffino di Gretole, Santedame, e Montemasso - Chianti Classico (FI) e (SI)

Vintage
2014

Size
cl.75

ABV
13,5%

Min Temp
18 °C

Max Temp
20 °C

Food Match
Cheese, First Courses, Meat

Filosofia
N/A

The Cellar

Vini Ruffino Era il 1877 quando due cugini, Ilario e Leopoldo Ruffino, realizzarono il loro comune sogno di creare grandi vini fondando una piccola cantina a Pontassieve, un borgo alle porte di Firenze. Nel corso degli anni anche le vigne di casa si sono moltiplicate ed ora si estendono su circa 60... Read more »

Buy £ 25 of Ruffino wines and you will be entitled to a visit with a tasting for 1 person Show more

You're reviewing: Chianti Classico DOCG Riserva Ducale 2014 Ruffino
* How do you rate this product?
  •  



Customer Reviews (0)

Review a product!
We'll give you a 5% discount code

Contact Us

Via Giacomo Bove 34
00154, Rome Italy

+39 06 40402262

Newsletter
Enter your email address

Follow us...

Email: info@bernabei.co.uk - Phone: +39 06 40402262
Close
£
Subscribe to our newsletter on Bernabei.co.uk
10 £ discount voucher for your first purchase!
(Valid for orders over £ 50)
Your Coupon: